Join Us for NAMI Mass Advocacy Day!
Monday, April 3, 2017, 11 am – 3 pm
Great Hall, Massachusetts State House
Registration & Networking: 11:00 am – Noon
Speaker Program: Noon – 1:00 pm
Lunch: 1:00 – 2:00 pm
Visit your Legislators: 2:00 – 3:00 pm
Speak Up, Be Heard – YOUR Legislators Need to Hear from YOU!
Join us for a preparation webinar on March 23, 2017, from 11 am – noon.
We will discuss our key NAMI Mass Legislative priority: Training police and first responders about mental health issues.
RSVP to Larry DeAngelo at email@example.com by Wednesday, March 22, 2017.
The webinar audio/video login instructions and the powerpoint slides will be provided to you a few days before the webinar.
NAMI Mass Legislative 2017 Priorities:
• More money to the Department of Mental Health budget
• A comprehensive, sustainable police and first responder mental health training program
• Transferring authority for Bridgewater State “hospital” from the Department of Corrections to the Department of Mental Health
• Expanding Emergency Service Provider Coverage (ESPs) to all
• Increase reimbursement rates for MassHealth for hospitals and outpatients clinic