In the past four years:
- Have you gone to an emergency department due to your mental health symptoms or a substance use crisis?
- Are you a peer specialist or recovery coach and have accompanied someone you support to the ED?
- Have you gone with a friend or family member to the ED because they were experiencing mental health or substance use issues?
- Are you the parent or guardian of someone under 18 who has been taken to the ED due to a behavioral health or substance use crisis?
- Do you have a psychiatric diagnosis or substance use history and feel that you were treated poorly when you went to the ED for an unrelated medical issue?
- Were you taken to the ED as a minor because you were having a mental health or substance use crisis?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then we need your help!
NAMI Mass is developing a training for emergency department staff to help improve the ways they respond to people in mental health and/or substance use crises. Please complete our brief survey below to share your experience. Your input will help inform the curriculum we are developing for this program.