Please note that we are not currently offering Connection facilitator training. You can submit an application form and we will let you know when the next trainings are scheduled.
NAMI Connection Support Groups are facilitated by two NAMI-trained leaders who are living with a mental health condition. Requirements for facilitators:
- You are in recovery from a mental health issue
- You have positive regard for, or personal experience with mutual support
- You are able to create a sense of safety and not pass judgement
- You can follow a structured model that encourages participants to share their experiences
- You are able to provide group participant data, and can help to identify potential new facilitators from their support groups
- You are able to volunteer for 1, 2 or 4 evenings per month, for at least one year
- You must attend the both 8-hour days of training
- You must be willing to share your lived experience with the class
- You are required to complete an application form and attend an interview
The training and all materials are free. Your trainer is an experienced support group facilitator and has been certified by NAMI to train Connection facilitators.