Want to train to become a volunteer NAMI Peer-to-Peer Teacher? Complete the application below, and we’ll be in touch shortly!
NAMI Peer-to-Peer classes are taught by two NAMI-trained leaders who are living with a mental health condition. Requirements for teachers:
- You are in recovery from a mental health issue
- You have positive regard for, or personal experience with mutual support
- You are able to create a sense of safety and not pass judgement
- You can follow a structured model that encourages participants to share their experiences
- You are able to provide group participant data, and can help to identify potential new teachers from your classes
- You are able to volunteer for 1 8-week class per year
- You must attend the both 8-hour days of training
- You must be willing to share your lived experience with the class
- You are required to complete an application form and attend an interview
The training and all materials are free. Your trainer is an experienced Peer-to-Peer teacher and has been certified by NAMI to train Peer-to-Peer teachers.