The NAMI Massachusetts office will be closed on the following dates, to give our staff time to relax, recharge, and spend time with loved ones during the winter holiday season. This includes our Compass Helpline and peer support, family support, and community education teams.* During this time, staff will be unavailable by phone or email.
- closed beginning Tuesday, November 22, 2022, at 5 pm
- closed November 23rd – 27th
- reopen on Monday, November 28, 2022 at 9 am
December & January
- closed beginning Thursday, December 22, 2022, at 5 pm
- closed December 23rd – January 2nd
- reopen on Tuesday, January 3rd, 2022 at 9 am
What you can do during these times
You can reach out to our Compass team by phone or email, and we will reply when we re-open. You can also schedule a phone call with us for a future date.
Other NAMI Mass Programs & Teams
You can reach out to NAMI Mass staff by phone or email, and we will reply when we re-open. Visit our staff directory for contact information: www.namimass.org/staff.
Other resources you can access
If you or someone you support is experiencing a mental health crisis, you can find resources and ideas for navigating the crisis on our website here: www.namimass.org/crisis. You can also visit the NAMI Mass website for additional resources and information: www.namimass.org/resources.
Try a reddit community for some asynchronous peer support! Here are some favorite sub-reddits that focus on mental health:
- r/ptsd – we are a supportive, respectful community for discussion and links of interest for people who have PTSD or have friends, family members, or partners with PTSD
- r/radicalmentalhealth – We have a different perspective of “mental health” & “mental illness.” We value diversity & see there’s no single model for a “healthy mind”
- r/selfharm – a subreddit for self-harmers to relate to each other, ask questions, and build up a community
- r/SuicideWatch – peer support for anyone struggling with suicidal thoughts
- r/traumatoolbox – Aa place to seek or share coping strategies, resources, art, music, videos, and other survivor tools