NAMI Peer-to-Peer is an 8-week free recovery-focused program for people who wish to establish and maintain their wellness. Taught by trained leaders with lived experience, this program includes activities, discussions, and informative videos. Great value is placed on the individual experiences of each person in the class, and participants are empowered to share their own stories and the coping tools that have worked for them.
Please note that our NAMI Peer-to-Peer classes are currently offered virtually. Registration is required, and a computer with a camera and reliable internet access is needed.
Upcoming Virtual Training September 2021 – dates TBA
Limited spaces available
NAMI Peer-to-Peer classes are taught by two NAMI-trained leaders who are living with a mental health condition.
We are looking for people who:
- Have taken a Peer-to-Peer class
- Are in recovery from a mental health issue
- Can use a computer and are equipped to use Zoom
- Are able to create a sense of safety and not pass judgement and are willing to share their lived experience with the class
- Can follow a structured model that encourages participants to share their experiences to help others in the group
- Able to commit to an eight-week teaching program once or twice per year
- Able to provide group participant data, and help to identify potential new teachers from your classes
The training and all materials are free. Your trainer is an experienced Peer-to-Peer teacher and has been certified by NAMI to train Peer-to-Peer teachers.