Getting involved with your local NAMI affiliate is a great way to impact change at the local level! Contact your local affiliate for additional volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of NAMI Massachusetts. They run programs across the state, answer phones at helplines at our state and local offices, and make our events a great success!
NAMI Mass hosts three signature events annually. Volunteers are needed to make each a success!
- Our Advocacy Day is held every year in April at the State House in Boston. Volunteers are needed to help people register, find their legislators, navigate the venue, and more! Learn more about volunteering at Advocacy Day.
- NAMIWalks Massachusetts is a huge event that requires a hands-on help to be successful! Volunteers are needed to help set up the event, register participants, hand out water, cheer on walkers, and more! Learn more about volunteering at NAMIWalks Massachusetts.
- Our annual state Convention is held every year in October at locations around the state. Volunteers are needed to help registrar participants, moderate workshops, help people navigate the venue, and more! Learn more about volunteering at the annual state Convention.
Volunteer leaders are essential to our Peer, Family, and Community programs! Learn more about volunteering with each of our programs:
- Learn about becoming a NAMI Connection Support Group facilitator
- Learn about becoming a NAMI Peer-to-Peer facilitator
- Learn about becoming a NAMI Family Support Group facilitator
- Learn about becoming a NAMI Family-to-Family facilitator
- Learn about becoming a NAMI Basics facilitator
- Learn about becoming a NAMI In Our Own Voice presenter
- Learn about becoming an Allies for Student Mental Health presenter
- Learn about becoming a volunteer COMPASS Helpline Navigator
Volunteers are occasionally needed in the NAMI Mass state office in Boston to help with program administration and general office tasks.
Contact us to learn more about volunteering in the NAMI Mass office: