Independent Living Centers (ILC) are community organizations run by and for people with disabilities. Their goal is to help members lead an independent life in the community.
- Find a Independent Living Center (open in new window)
Housing Consumer Education Centers (HCECs) are programs that help people make informed decisions about their housing situation. They provide housing search assistance, budget counseling, utility assistance, information about housing rights, help accessing rental assistance programs, and more.
- Find a Housing Consumer Education Center (opens in a new window)
Community Action Programs (CAPs) are organizations that help people and families gain self-sufficiency. They address the causes of poverty through programs that fight unemployment, inadequate housing, poor nutrition, and lack of educational opportunity.
- Find a Community Action Program (opens in new window)
Mass 2-1-1 is an information and referral service that specializes in is helping people meet their basic needs, like find emergency shelter and transitional housing programs.
- Learn more about Mass 2-1-1 (opens in a new window)
Information about public housing, rental assistance programs, emergency housing, and other Massachusetts resources to help find safe and secure shelter.
- Find Affordable Housing options (opens in a new window)
The MassAccess Housing Registry helps people find affordable rental and home ownership opportunities in Massachusetts.
- Visit the MassAccess Housing Registry (opens in a new window)
This website can help people apply to the Centralized Section 8 Waiting List in Massachusetts, and help previous applicants update personal information.
- Visit the Section 8 Housing Centralized Waiting List (opens in a new window)
The Housing Search Guide for People with Disabilities in Massachusetts offers information about searching for rental housing for people disabilities.
- Read the Housing Search Guide for People with Disabilities in Massachusetts (opens in a new window)