Children of Parents with Mental Illness is an online resource that is designed to help families better explain mental health issues to children. They offer useful booklets, planning guides, videos, and other resources.
- Visit the COPMI website (opens in a new window)
The Temple University Collaborative on Community Inclusion offers resource handouts and online training for people who are parenting with a mental health diagnosis.
- Visit the Collection (opens in a new window)
An interactive resource for pregnant and parenting women who have questions or concerns about opioid and other substance use
- Visit the Journey Recovery Project (opens in a new window)
The Family Law Project at the Mental Health Legal Advisors Committee provides legal representation and assistance to low income parents who have been diagnosed with a mental health condition who are seeking to access or regain custody of their children.
- Learn more about the Family Law Project (opens in a new window)
The Parenting Journey offers hands-on programs to help parents increase their confidence, capability, and resilience. Classes include activities, discussions, and support.
- Learn more about the Parenting Journey (opens in a new window)
Family Resource Centers provide parenting programs, support groups, information and referral resources, and education for families of children aged birth to 18 years old. Their goal is to support families to strengthen their bonds, connect to others, and engage in their community.
Parents Helping Parents empowers parents to nurture children and build stronger families. They provide a parent support line and parent support groups.
- Learn more about Parents Helping Parents (opens in a new window)
- Learn more about the Parental Stress Line (opens in a new window)
- Find a Parent Support Group near you (opens in a new window)
- Read You Are Not Alone: An empowering guide for parents whose children are in DCF Foster Care (opens in a new window)
Pathways for Parents at the Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, guidance, support and referrals to parents and families who receive services from the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families.
- Learn more about Pathways for Parents (opens in a new window)